Money Making Experts

Money Making Experts > Making Money Online > Scams, Failed opportunities > The Banners Broker Scam - Rare Honest Review

The Banners Broker Scam - Rare Honest Review

This is a discussion on The Banners Broker Scam - Rare Honest Review within the Scams, Failed opportunities forums, part of the Making Money Online category; Seems like a lot of people on facebook claiming long delays for payments, and missed the promised payout dates again. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January, 2013, 03:51 PM   #31

Seems like a lot of people on facebook claiming long delays for payments, and missed the promised payout dates again.

As much as i wish this ponzi would die as quick as possible, i cant help but feel sorry for the people who have been suckered in, it's never nice to see something like that happen to innocent people.

I just hope everyone remembers the people who have been pushing this and never let them forget it.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 25th January, 2013, 10:22 AM   #32
Administrator

I think it's just impossible to get a true representation of whats actually happening in this business, because everyone seems to have an alterior motive.

Money and greed can do strange things to people.
Old 27th January, 2013, 11:12 AM   #33
Administrator

I would love to hear from anyone who found this review helpful.

Or from anyone who agrees or disagrees with any points made.
Old 29th January, 2013, 06:41 PM   #34

Ok, I disagree.

Everyone keeps calling it a ponzi because they think it requires the affiliates to bring in new affiliates in order to generate revenue. It doesn't, but it does provide a non-monetary incentive for you in doing so.

Next, the claim that if you stop traffic packs the company removes all of the traffic previous packs generated....false. With the purchase commitment of 50,000 impressions per month, the company gives a bonus of 50,000 impressions. If you stop purchasing that traffic pack commitment, then the company removes the bonus impressions you received, but doesn't touch the 50,000 impressions you purchased.

Lastly, these evaluations of BBI are based on the perspective of looking at BBI as an advertising company. The problem with that is, they aren't. BBI doesn't solicit advertising from customers, and they don't develop advertising for, or providing advertising to clients. The company purchases ad space and traffic from ad networks or brokers as part of their reseller programs, and it's the broker that serves ads to those spaces and solicits both the advertisers and publishers to do so. BBI doesn't get involved with either advertisers or publishers, and only provides access to the services provided by the broker through their website, not the actual services themselves. You might think that it's not a sustainable model, but with billions of impressions each day, and a currently inexhaustible source of remnant inventory to fill the spaces with, you'd be thinking wrong. BBI is but one of a number of companies doing similar activity, however, what makes BBI unique, is the system they use to allow their 'panels' (virtual representations of ad space) to generate revenue using a differential maturity model. The direct sales model is a popular distribution vehicle, and their international compliance and public relations teams are currently enforcing the policies and procedures in order to correct the incorrect, misleading, misworded, inaccurate and plain old wrong messages that affiliates have placed out there. It's going to take time, but it's already taking place.

Nothing about the system or process BBI is using is illegal, misleading, or fraudulent. It's easily misunderstood as you can see, but they aren't doing anything wrong. It's just easier to accuse something you don't understand of being a bad thing than to do your research and educate yourself.

What about this review was honest and factual?

Last edited by tdstern; 29th January, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
tdstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January, 2013, 09:03 PM   #35
Administrator

From what i can see, nothing about what you are saying is factual, its just you reciting what you have been told about the business, it's hearsay.

Were you involved in any kind of advertising or publishing of ads on the internet before you became involved with banners broker?

There is not an inexhaustable source of inventory to fill spaces with, infact banner ad numbers are dropping with most big providers projecting the numbers to be dropping drastically through 2013.
Old 29th January, 2013, 09:34 PM   #36

Then you aren't looking clearly, and what makes what you're saying any different? The proof of the traffic pack lie is actually clearly written on their website for all to see. Have you actually read it?

I've been in the industry for over two decades, and owned an online marketing company.

You might want to discuss your findings with the ad networks that run these types of reseller programs then, because apparenty they're unaware.

I've read about 30 sites, not one has any evidence that states that Banners Broker couldn't possibly be a legitimate company brokering ad space being serviced by the ad networks themselves. Yours is no different. You're just another guy claiming to be an expert, but unable to actually do any research to reinforce their opinion.

Fact: Ad Networks have reseller programs.
Fact: They move remnant inventory through these resellers.
Fact: They generate almost 3 Billion impressions/day through their networks.
Fact: A reseller on one of these networks pays to be a reseller.
Fact: A reseller can create their own affiliate programs.
Fact: These affiliates can generate substantial revenue for the reseller parent with little to no risk.
Fact: The numbers may be dropping, but they still curently represent over $100 Billion in revenue annually.

Those are all facts you can't dispute. Since Banners Broker fits into what I've shown as fact, please explain how they're a scam or ponzi please? Give me your best evidence and I bet I can kill it...in fact give me all your best arguments and I bet I can show you where you went wrong.

Last edited by tdstern; 29th January, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 29th January, 2013, 10:28 PM   #37
Administrator

I'm not disputing that there ad reseller networks, im not disputing they can have affiliates, im not disputing their affiliates can generate revenue for the parent network.

But what value do you bring to Banners Broker as an affiliate? none, other than your cash injection.

Why do they need you? If they are in the business of buying and selling ads for a profit, how do you increase their profit/revenue/turnover?
You dont, all you do is give them a cash injection, which is all a ponzi needs to operate...

What about all the other points made on this thread that you are ignoring?
Why was BB first advertised as a straightline doubler?
Why cant you pay with your credit card?
Why cant you pay with paypal?
Old 30th January, 2013, 02:18 PM   #38

What you don't seem to understand, is that affiliates are just another type of reseller. The more affiliates renting the space from BBI, the more space BBI can purchase and earn revenue from the Broker. Sure the affiliates bring in cash when they sign up, but that cash goes towards purchasing inventory, not to pay off other affiliates.

BBI doesn't buy ads, they basically resell or re-broker the ad space as provided under the terms of the reseller agreement.

Once the ad space is allocated to an affiliate, BBI doesn't control how it's operated, the affiliate does.
For the ad space to generate revenue, it has to be activated, and managed by the affiliate, BBI doesn't do that for them. Affiliates, through their back offices, move through the different colors of panels to choose how long they wish their panels to be active and generating revenue. The longer they're in, the more revenue they generate. Since BBI's share of the revenue is dependent on active ad space and longevity, the more affiliates they have with longer running panels, the better the earnings for everyone is. The space and traffic have to be paid for, how do you suggest that happens? Every company leverages their sales revenue to replenish inventory before they can assess profit. That's business 101.

As for the other points...99% of all arguments and assumptions against BBI have been done from assuming BBI is doing one thing, when in fact it's doing another. Lack of understanding is the basis for those points, which I've volunteered to correct through posting, but people need to be open to those corrections, not cling to their misinterpretations of what the company is doing.

Another thing is, the company is young, and has made some mistakes. Some bigger than others, but admits making them. Mistakes in how it worded itself, mistakes in allowing affiliates to say whatever they wanted before cracking down on them, which are all currently being corrected as we write this. There's a lot of material that needs to be addressed so it'll take time to get it all, but we've already contacted hundreds of affiliates that have misinformation out there and they're correcting it without issue.

As I've already said in other places, any options we provide to our affiliates need to be applicable to every affiliate in every country we deal with. Additionally, there are international money laundering regulations that have to be met as set out by international banks as apply to off-shore companies. PayPal doesn't deal with every country we do, so they aren't an option, and we've already had issues with stolen Credit Cards, so to protect ourselves we aren't accepting those either.

I've done my best to address the issues and respond in earnest to every matter thrown our way. Some comments or questions are just ridiculous so I won't address them, and others are simply irrelevant to clarifying whether the company is operating 'above board' or not.
Old 30th January, 2013, 04:14 PM   #39
Administrator

Thanks for the response.

As i said in the very first post of this thread, these things are just my opinion and it is nothing more than that, most of the things we are discussing are impossible to prove either way, only time will tell.

You say BB made mistakes at the start and are working to correct them, its my opinion that when the creators of BB started it, they never imagined it would grow so popular and last so long, so they werent particularly bothered about how it was portrayed. Like many other ponzi scams/hyip's they thought they would make some short lived cash then shut it down like the rest of them.
Only now as it becomes more popular they are trying to do away with all previous mentions of doubling your cash etc, all the typical hyip/ponzi claims.

As for the credit card and paypal excuse, you mention some of my points being rediculous, your excuses to me are rediculous. So it's just coincidence that the only methods of payment you dont accept are the ones with the most buyer protection?
You say your prefered method of paying your affiliates is a mastercard, but for security reasons you dont accept payments from this same method??

You say you have 20 years experience in buying and selling ads, i suspect you mean you have 20 years experience in mlm programs, just like your Raj Dixit, who has a history of failed MLM programs, not buying and selling ad space for a profit.

I have also been in the business for a long time, around 13 years, and if i thought for a second banners broker was legitimate i would be shouting about it from the rooftops, because were all here to make money. However In my opinion everything that BB says is all smoke and mirrors to hide from what is really going on, an affiliate in my opinion is someone who makes sales for a company, and brings in extra revenue, affiliates of BB dont do this, they do nothing. All you do is pay money and depending on how much money, it will double in a variable amount of time.
You say they have to manage their account and ad space themselves... By doing what? Activating it? Buying a traffic pack? What is a traffic pack anyway? What actually is it? Because in ang other ad network, buying traffic for the ads you are publishing will shortly result in being banned from the network.

Affiliates in BB are just investors, they are a cash injection, they do not have to make any sales to make a profit.
"It's impossible not to make money in this business" thats the quote from your "top affiliate of the year 2012"

If it was impossible not to make money it would be more valuable than microsoft, google and facebook all rolled in together.

Again as you quite rightly state, this is purely based on my opinion due to a lack of my research.
Old 30th January, 2013, 05:08 PM   #40
Administrator

If I could pay to join Banners Broker with my credit card, and withdraw my earnings direct to my bank or by cheque, i would sign up today and probably take the biggest package.

But the fact of the matter is i can't! Everything i do i can use my credit card, but not banners broker, and for that reason it absolutely stinks of a ponzi scam!